If your toddler is giving you hell when it’s time to brush their hair than try this cheap and easy way to get them excited about brushing their hair. Just buy a cheap paddle hairbrush and draw their favorite character on to the back. Draw it in pencil first and then go over the pencil with permanent marker. The marker will wear off with use unless you use something to seal the image like a clear topcoat.
But I caution you; don’t doodle on your finicky, OCD toddler’s hairbrush! I thought Emiliablo would enjoy a Foofa hairbrush so I bought her a cheap paddle brush to doodle Foofa from Yo Gabba Gabba on to. Her initial response was pleasant and full of excitement; she even let me brush her hair without me asking! As she got used to the idea of having Foofa on her hairbrush she decided that her hairbrush was “dirty”. She insisted that we wash Foofa off of her hairbrush. “I don’t want it Momma, dirty!” she protested as she threw it to the floor.
SMH! I didn’t wash it off yet. We are going to give it a few more days for her to get used to the idea of owning a
Foofa Dirty hairbrush. If you try out this quick please let me know if it helped you convince your toddler that brushing their hair is not the worst thing ever!
I hope you enjoyed this week’s Quick Tip. If you try this tip out please leave me a comment and let me know if you were successful. If you would like submit your own quick tip and be featured in my blog please contact me by using my contact form.
- Quick Tip| DIY Failures “Stenciling Don’ts” (topicspill.wordpress.com)
- Quick Tip| Aquadoodle Mat Alternative Use| The Perfect Art Mat For Children (topicspill.wordpress.com)
- Quick Tip| Kids DIY| 5 Easy Steps: Tie Dyeing with Bic Mark It Permanent Markers (topicspill.wordpress.com)
- Quick Tip | Valerian Root “The Best Kept Secret” (topicspill.wordpress.com)
- Quick Tip| Caffeine vs Dehydration| How To Battle Fatigue (topicspill.wordpress.com)