Look, we are all adults; you don’t have to like everyone. That being said your displeasure for other people should not be an excuse to act ugly. If you seriously want to improve yourself learning how to be tolerant would be a good starting point.
Step one: Evaluate where your intolerance originates from. Whether it’s religious indoctrination or another form of ideological brainwashing; you can overcome it once you determine the source.
Step two: Remember ‘they’ are people too. Removing personhood from those you are intolerant for makes it easier to be intolerant. As they say, “walk a mile” in their shoes.
Step three: Practice tolerance. Stand up for someone in need or go out of your way to help someone outside of your comfort zone. Even starting a friendly conversation with the sect of people you are intolerant over can help.
Remember there’s no excuse for you to be the problem. No one is telling you not to value your own morals. The point is that you can not and should not impose your morals on to others. Everyone has the right to be who they are, including you. Just make sure your hate doesn’t turn into actions that inflict pain onto others.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s Quick Tip. If you try this tip out please leave me a comment and let me know if you were successful. If you would like submit your own quick tip and be featured in my blog please contact me by using my contact form.
- Quick Tip| DIY Failures “Stenciling Don’ts” (topicspill.wordpress.com)
- Quick Tip| Aquadoodle Mat Alternative Use| The Perfect Art Mat For Children (topicspill.wordpress.com)
- Quick Tip| Kids DIY| 5 Easy Steps: Tie Dyeing with Bic Mark It Permanent Markers (topicspill.wordpress.com)
- Quick Tip | Valerian Root “The Best Kept Secret” (topicspill.wordpress.com)
- Quick Tip| Caffeine vs Dehydration| How To Battle Fatigue (topicspill.wordpress.com)